We all need ourselves some ‘basic’ recipe to quickly whip up anytime we feel the need for something sweet, something simple. After all, simplicity doesn’t necessarily mean plain and boring. These very basic vanilla cupcakes are super easy to make, and go great with tea! I’ve tried a few recipes before, and only this survivor stays in my keepsafe. They are moist, light, and fluffy with a little nutty treat of ground almonds. You could twist the recipe a bit for different flavour, or cap it with different toppings and decorate as you wish, there goes your treat of the day
INGREDIENTS: ~ 6 cupcakes
- 50g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g self-raising flour
- 20g ground almonds
- 1/2 tbs milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Place the butter & sugar in a large bowl, and beat until the mixture if light and fluffy
- Gradually beat in the egg, then vanilla extract
- Sift the flour into the bowl, gently fold it in with the ground almonds
- Add the milk and gently fold in the mixture
- Fill the cupcake liners up to 2/3 of the cases
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Leave the cupcakes in the tray for about 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack
Cream cheese frosting
- 100g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 100g whipping cream
- 20g icing sugar
- Colouring gel (optional)
- Place the mixing bowl and beaters in the freeze to chill sufficiently
- Put the whipping cream into the bowl and beat until the cream starts to thicken, starting from low speed and gradually increasing the speed. Slowly add in sugar and continue to beat on high speed until stiff peak forms.
- Add in cream cheese and beat until incorporated. Be sure not to overwhip.
- Mix in any colour (option) and whip until just incorporated.
All that’s left to do is to frost your little cupcakes & enjoy ^^
Do you know yesterday is International Women’s Day? Even though it’s called ‘International’, I find the definition a bit universal. When I ask, none of my ‘international’ friends here seem to have any idea about the day. Seem like only we Vietnamese (and Google) celebrate. Well, just another special day, another excuse to get flowers and wishes from the guys. I’m happy to be a girl, it’s a privilege we all ladies should be proud of ^^. So pretties, happy belated women’s day. I wish us all always stay strong, stay happy, beautiful and lively as those blossomed flowers <3
And I got some flowers last night too, what an ending of a day!