Hi everyone, I’m back!!!!!!!
My exams is officially over and at last, I’m a free girl. It didn’t end with a high note as I expected, and instead, I got a migraine as a farewell gift. I was beaten to pulp by my own brain, lied in bed for 2 days & gutted for all the wasted effort. It was the most horrendous experience of my life (so far). In those novels that I read, people sometimes got ‘migraine’ and some even fainted (the main character, of course, and get all the care of the other main character, of course). It used to sound like a myth to me, I never knew a mere headache could hurt this much before. Have anyone of you ever got one?
However, there was nothing I could do now but let bygone be bygone, and before another nightmare (namely ‘dissertation’) starts, I better indulge myself in a lot of cooking to make up for the 3kg lost. My BMI is only about 17 something now. I’m super underweight now, I should star in my own thriller movie as a walking skeleton >”< So do excuse me if you find myself cooking a lot of fatty stuff from now onward. I haven’t cooked anything for almost 3 weeks now, and was really craving for my own comfort food. Everyday as my source of entertainment and relaxation, I browse lots and lots of recipes, then praying for the exams to end soon, just so I could spend the whole day cooking at my usual speed of a turtle. And so I start this ‘recooking’ journey with ‘Salmon fillet with tarragon butter’, something I’ve been eyeing for a month (or so) and can’t remember where I’ve seen the recipe.
Salmon fillet with crushed potatoes and tarragon butter
INGREDIENTS: (for 2)
For the butter: (should be enough for 4)
- 100g butter, softened
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Tarragon, chopped
For the salmon:
- 2 salmon fillets
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
For the potatoes:
- 12-14 baby new potatoes
- Knob of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basil, chopped
- Place garlic in the oven, roast for about 5 minutes until soft and fragant, peel of the skin. In a small bowl, mix together butter, tarragon, lemon juice and garlic, cover and leave in the fridge to set (an hour or more).
- Brush the salmon with some olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill in the oven for about 10 minutes. Otherwise, you can roast it at 200 C.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes, then crush coarsely with a masher or the back of a fork
- Melt a knob of butter in a pan, toss in potatoes with some salt and pepper to taste, sauté until the edge is golden and crisp
- When the salmon is ready to serve, place the potatoes on a plate, sprinkle with some chopped basil. Place the salmon on top and top with tarragon butter (as much as you like).
I’m in love with this dish, maybe it’s because of the butter that makes the whole difference to the taste of the salmon, rich with a lovely hint of tarragon on top and basil underneath, or maybe just because I’m a fan of salmon and potatoes, I’ll enjoy them whichever way they’re cooked.
I’ve been loving this song since The Voice UK last week, been playing it over and over again. it’s the final this week, I’m well excited, gonna vote for Leah ^^ Watching & voting anyone? Wish you all have a lovely week of good food & good music : )